I have been working hard with Dr Laura Wyness on a project for a while and it is really exciting to say that it is finished. This mini-book addresses many of the questions that women ask about the symptoms of menopause and how diet and lifestyle changes can improve them.
The book provides a summary of the science, practical diet and lifestyle tips and tailored recipes to support women going through the menopause. Questions discussed in the book include:
- How can I best manage my weight during the menopause and maintain muscle?
- How does the menopause affect my bones and am I at risk of osteoporosis?
- Is my risk of heart disease much higher after menopause and what foods benefit my heart?
- Does menopause affect my sleep and can my diet improve it?
- Can diet lessen the effects that menopause has on emotions and mood?
- Can my diet prevent menopausal hair loss and my skin becoming dry?
- Supplements and diets for menopause – do they deliver what they promise?