I am Registered Nutritionist with a BSc(hons) in Food and Nutritional Science. I worked for the Food Standards Agency and Department of Health in the UK giving me a wide experience in the field of public health nutrition. I was also a trustee for the Caroline Walker Trust whose mission is to improve public health through good food.
I am registered with the Association of Nutrition, an organisation which is fighting for ‘nutritionist’ to be a protected title so that the public can find it easier to get nutrition advice from properly trained individuals. Visit their website to find out what it means to be a registered nutritionist.
I am one of the founders and moderators of @AfNutr Twitter Chats which aims to promote conversation between nutritionists of all specialisms and all levels of experience on evidence based nutrition but also to help raise the profile of registered nutritionists to the wider world.
I am a food geek – I love the science behind our food. I am passionate about eating well and making life better through good food. In this world where we are marketed to incessantly and the media is full of ‘wellness’ experts sharing dubious information – it is really important to get evidence based information out there. I am particularly passionate about:
- inspiring people to cook and to take an interest in where their food comes from, who is making it and how to make informed choices
- I am a mum and a Cub and Scout leader so naturally I want to see young people loving to cook and understanding food.
- nutrition and healthy aging
- raising awareness of malnutrition and eating well for those with conditions like MS, Parkinson’s Disease etc and supporting their carers.
- the ongoing scientific developments in the world of food and nutrition and communicating this to a wider audience
- mindful eating and managing weight in a non-fad, sustainable way.
Enjoy my blog and if you would like more information on how I might be able to address a food issue for you or your business then get in touch.